My blog is a love letter to art, music, fashion, film, photography and just about anything else that tickles my fancy. Inspiration is everything, seek it everywhere.

You can also find my illustrations here at purdylola draws



Friday 10 June 2011

The Crimson Petal and the White

Some things are so right... and then they end. Jack White and Karen Elson are divorcing and despite their very honorable decision to see out the split with a 'positive swing bang hum dinger' of a D.I.V.O.R.C.E party, I can't help but mourn the passing of this most loveliest of unions. To commemorate/celebrate I have dug out this Annie Leibovitz shoot for US Vogue (June 2010) which beautifully captures the fine couple; top-hatted, crowned in ivy, rocking their geetars and generally pursuing their talents, both together and separately. One thing I think is certain, their marriage may be over but their connection will remain, not only through their two children Scarlett and Henry-Lee but in the clear bonds they have made through a joint love for music and authenticity.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...