My blog is a love letter to art, music, fashion, film, photography and just about anything else that tickles my fancy. Inspiration is everything, seek it everywhere.

You can also find my illustrations here at purdylola draws



Thursday 26 May 2011

Iceland Part 1: Reykjavik

A few weeks ago I returned from a trip to Iceland. I had wanted to visit the country for so long and was completely beside myself with excitement in the weeks running up to the holiday. Although we were only there for a week we managed to cram in a lot, not only in the capital Reykjavik but also out in the countryside amoungst the glaciers and lava fields. Looking back at the pictures it feels like a dream, it honestly is the strangest, most wonderful place I've ever been. The photos vary in terms of light because during the late winter months Icelanders experience what is known as a '15 minute day', meaning you can experience literally every weather going in the space of a day. Oh and did we! Luckily I packed just about every kind of clothing.

The following photos are just a few I took whilst there. Armed with my Nikon DSLR which was permanently glued to my face I managed to clock up a few hundred shots. The first batch focus on Reykjavik. Enjoy.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...